Inter-Excel Tourism Academy (IETA) established itself as a language and training centre in 1993. It quickly gained popularity by seeing through the birth of the first Flight Attendant Preparatory Course (FAPC) and the European Diploma in International Travel Industry Studies in Asia Pacific. It currently owns and manages its sister concern company, Premier Language Centre, an internationally backed centre for teaching English.The quality of our students garnered the attention of major airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Oman Air, JetStar Asia and many more and propelled IETA to become a leading trusted brand in cabin crew training and placements across Asia.Due to our rapid expansion into the many facets of the airline industry, training courses are offered through IETA to give focus to the requirements of this rapidly growing industry.
10 Top Reasons Why You Should Be A Cabin Crew
- Top Attractive Salary(up to RM15,000 per month)
- Opportunities to Travel around the World for Free
- Option to Further Study While Working
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Free Tickets and Discounted Travel
- Master the Art of Customer Service/ life skills
- Make Global Friendship
- Annual Leave of 26-36 days
- Attractive Insurance & Medical Benefits
- Excellent Career Progression
- Karen LewisKaren began her colorful flying career with Malaysia Airlines in 1986.She has worked for nine and a half years in Malaysia Airlines. Been trained on various air crafts. She has been been with World Airways's DC10 where she worked alongside American crew. Later awarded with the Leading Stewardess position for Malaysian Airlines.She then joined British Airways in 1995, as a Cabin Crew. In 1998, promoted to Senior Cabin Crew. Where she was responsible for team management. Assisting in flight scheduling, collaborating directly with headquarters in London. Participating in cabin crew recruitment exercises (as a panel interviewer).Karen is one of our most decorated trainers since 2009. Her key area of focus are airline interview process & procedures. Not just that, in-flight announcements, public speaking, grooming & department, mock interview exercises along with assessment on individual performance.
- Roslan AhmadMr. Roslan has studied from Open University Malaysia (OUM) in Masters of Education and Diploma in Teaching English (TESOL) to others. Roslan is also the Head of Inter-Excel's Training programmes.He joined Singapore Airlines (SIA) in 1989 as a flight attendant. 3 and a half years later was promoted to become a leading Steward. He worked in Singapore Airlines for 8 years He then commenced his career as an educator teaching English at a renowned language center.Experienced as a former cabin crew of a 5-star airline. Former principal of a language training center, he provides an abundance of quality training methods to shape aspiring airline professionals.
- Sharon OhSharon embarked on an illustrious career with Malaysia Airlines in 1991 after completing her Diploma in Excel Secretarialship in 1989.Through her training at Malaysia Airlines Academy, becoming a certified cabin crew. She simultaneously pursued a Diploma in Cosmetic Artistry and Bridal Hair Design. A dedicated and decorated cabin crew wit MAS for 14 years, her last position was a Leading Stewardess in 2015.As a Leading Stewardess, she was responsible for managing her subordinates as well as assisting with flight scheduling. She has been a trainer with Inter-Excel since 1999, where she contributes her strengths in aspects of Grooming and Department as well as Character Building.